Friday, January 3, 2014

The Walking Dead

How did equities as an investment look now after being pronounced dead about 5 years ago? Remember 2008, when everybody and his uncle was shit scared and trying to save his ass from getting fired in latest downsizing. I don’t want to remember that either. Everyday you lose friends, colleagues, batchmates to credit crisis. That was when I started giving blogging a serious thought. You can read my 2008 posts here. I wrote only three.

Lot of people denounced equities back then. Lot of my friends changed career lines. Not me. I stayed. To write this post. Not that I have become a portfolio manager of some big stud firm or have decided to retire from this business after making my millions during this crisis. Nope. My objectives are still far from being achieved. Though, I did made some money. But I stayed to present you with this graphic (all NSE data) which speaks volumes about the performance of equity markets since 2007 with special mention to 5 years CAGR performance.



Let me know what are your thoughts on equities as an investment.

1 comment:

  1. Crude Oil March and Brent Oil April series are marginally down at $ 53 and $ 56 a barrel, respectively.
    MCX Crude Oil tips

    ReplyDelete